|Common Name||sago palm, Cycas revoluta,Sotetsu, king sago, sago cycad, Japanese sago palm|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 6 ft (1.8 m) indoor Can be kept dwarfed by growing it in a small pot. Sago Palm is also popularly grown as a bonsai tree.|
Planting And Care
- Sago Palm care is easy if you keep a few things in mind. It doesn’t like its feet wet, so keep the soil on the dry side.
- Give it light every day and fertilize lightly during the growing season.
- This plant doesn’t really like to be disturbed, so re-pot only when necessary.
- Pruning can be done anytime to remove dead fronds.
- Look over your plant often for scale and treat any infestation immediately with insecticide.
Cycas Plant Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when topsoil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|Temperature||Temperature: Average room temperatures of 65F (16C) — 75F (24C) are suitable and no lower than 55F (12.7C).|
Cycas Plant Special Feature
This species is not a true palm.
Cycas Plant Uses
- Used for various ornamental purpose.
- Sago palm also makes a great walkway border.