|Common Name||Dracaena milky, Golden Milky Dracaena, Gold Dust Dracaena, Milky Bamboo|
|Maximum Reachable Height||12-18 feet|
|Leaf Colour||Yellow green|
|Bloom Time||rarely flowers|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Need to provide bright indirect light (2-3 hours) when indoors to maintain foliage colour.
- This plant doesn’t mind low light conditions. Do not place the plant under direct sunlight in summers.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Dracaena Golden Milky likes rich compost mixed, feed it twice in a year to increase growth.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.