|Plant Spread||8 inch (20 cm)|
|Common Name||Ficus Bonsai, Banyan Bonsai, Indian laurel, Curtain fig Bonsai|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 35 cm|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- Bonsai requiring regular trimming and pinching to remain miniature appearance of the plant.
- You should trim some new growth to elongate the stem.
- Do not trim all-new growth. Few new growths should be kept upholding the plant health.
- After two to three years, re-potting will be required during the mid-summer.
At the time of re-potting, roots can be pruned in some quantity.
Ficus Bonsai Care
Bonsai should be planted in garden soil with sand and coco peat. Ficus required water early in the morning when the soil feels dry to touch. The water-soluble fertilizer should apply in every other month. You should apply half of the recommended dose (provided on the marketed bottle) to avoid more vegetative growth.
|Sunlight||Full to partial Sunlight, bright indirect sunlight|
|Soil||Well-drained potting soil|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degree C|
Ficus Bonsai Special Feature
Ficus macrocarpa is a popular bonsai plant which is well training.
Ficus Bonsai Uses
- It is used as the ornamental plant.