|Plant Height||18 inch (46 cm)|
|Plant Spread||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Common Name||Parlor palm, Neanthe bella palm|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 6 feet|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the 2 to 3 hours of sunlight is available, just avoid the darken area.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aerated, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Chamaedorea Elegans Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry, then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Full to partial sunlight|
|Soil||Nutrient-rich loamy soil|
|Temperature||20 to 35 degree Celsius|
|Fertilizer||Apply organic fertilizer.|
Chamaedorea Elegans Special Feature
Chamaedorae palm is an air purifier indoor plant.
Chamaedorea Elegans Uses
- This is one of the most useful Palms for landscape gardening.